Northwestern Career Advancement - Career Development Fund (CDF): Interview Suit Application
Northwestern Career Advancement (NCA) provides funding to support or supplement the career development needs of undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need. Undergraduate students can apply to receive $300 funding to support the purchase of an interview suit one time during their Northwestern career. Students will receive payment by reimbursement when receipts are submitted; upfront funding is not available. For special circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Students must make purchases & submit receipts and essay prior to graduating from Northwestern. We are not able to process payments to students after graduation.
Please Note: Students can apply for funding for an interview suit two (2) times in their undergraduate career; the funding must be in an interval of two years or more (i.e.: freshman and junior year or sophomore and senior year), and will not be provided in consecutive years. Students will be required to justify why the second suit is necessary.
Please Note: Applications will not be reviewed over the week of Thanksgiving, Finals Week/Winter Break, or Spring break. Please expect a delay in processing during those times.
Timelines for funding can be found on the NCA website: https://www.northwestern.edu/careers/programs-opportunities/development-fund/dates/index.html. The application committee cannot guarantee an expedited process, however, any urgent requests should be addressed to email@example.com.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Administrative Assistant | Northwestern Career Advancement
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you previously been awarded funds through the Career Development Fund?
- If you selected "Other" above, please provide more details. If you didn't select "Other", write "N/A"
- If you have received funds through the Career Development Fund, when did you receive them? (If you don't remember, please write "I don't remember")
- If received suit previously, could you provide an explanation on why you need an additional suit. Please write "N/A" if you haven't received a suit before.
- Are you graduating this quarter?
- If you are graduating this quarter, all purchases must be made prior to graduation.
- What is your intended use of the Interview Suit? Suits should be requested for a specific event or interview. Please include details of upcoming interview(s) or event(s), including dates. If you don’t have a confirmed interview, please provide additional information about where you are applying and when. The committee wants to ensure that students are currently in pursuit of opportunities or have specific career-related events to attend that coincide with requesting the interview suit at this time. Please note the request must be for a career-related need; applications to fund suits for personal or student activities will not be considered.
- Have you applied to any other campus funds for this purpose?
- If yes, which ones? Please write "N/A" if you have not applied to any other funds.
- Briefly tell us more about your career goals and interests. If you are still exploring, it is fine to share where you are currently in your process of considering potential career paths.
- Do you anticipate that your interviews will be virtual?
- Have you met with a career adviser at NCA previously?
- Would you like to be connected with our BIPOC/FGLI career team?
- Provide an itemized budget detailing how you plan to use the fund, if awarded. The budget is considered an estimate and may not reflect the final funding amount. Please use THIS template.
- I have read the Career Development Fund information on NCA's website. I understand that I will receive payment by reimbursement when receipts are submitted; upfront funding is not available. For special circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. I understand that I must make my purchases, submit my receipts and essay prior by applicable deadlines to receive payment. I also understand that I cannot receive payment for receipts submitted after I have graduated.
- Show 10 more