As part of Black History Month Global Week, the Global Learning Office we will be awarding 10 students passports! Award recipients will also be walked through the application process. We will take and pay for award recipients passport pictures, assist in completing the passport application, and walk recipients to the Evanston post office to submit their passport application.
While this is primarily a need-based scholarship, the quality of the application and responses will factor into the selection of award recipents. If you have had to purchase a passport prior to award recipient announcements in March, particularly for upcoming study abroad, please keep your receipts. Award recipients may qualify for reimbursement for standard passport costs if able to produce all acceptable receipts and passport was purchased within a reasonable timeframe of this cycle of passport scholarships.
Please note that you do not have to have applied or be in the process of applying for a study abroad program in order to be considered for this award.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Program Manager | Global Learning Office (GLO)
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you ever owned a passport?
- Have you ever traveled internationally? If so, where?
- If awarded this scholarship, are you able to provide evidence of United States citizenship through original documents (not a photocopy) of the following documents: birth certificate, old passport, state issued ID, Wildcard student ID and/or a social security card? Please note that award recipients will have approximately 2-3 weeks to gather these documents after being notified.
- Please tell us why you are applying for this passport scholarship?
- I acknowledge and understand the following: This award only covers the cost of one standard priced US passport book and fees for undergraduate NU students. This award does not cover the cost of expedited services or additional passport cards. Award recipients will be taken by Northwestern staff to submit their application at the Evanston post office. Staff will take care of passport photos and passport payments. With the exception of approved reimbursements, students will not directly receive money for the passport and fees. This award is valued at approximately $185. Should a recipients award cost less than this amount, there should be no expectation of receiving “leftover funds”. Please feel free to contact Norvell Watts (email@example.com) with any questions.