Student Activities Assistance Fund (SAAF)
The Student Activities Assistance Fund (SAAF, formerly known as the SASF) was established in 2012 as a supplemental grant to assist students in registered student organizations with financial support to participate fully in their student organization’s programs and events. Student groups such as dance teams, service organizations, and a cappella groups often require their members to contribute personal funds for group trips, supplies, and competitions. The SAAF is meant to help reduce the financial burden these activities may create for students with financial need. This is a grant for individuals, not organizations. If multiple members of a group require assistance, they must each fill out an individual application. Examples of grantable expenses would include costume expenses for a student in a student organization theater production or travel expenses for a student attending a conference with their student group. Each application will be considered individually based on application answers, financial need, and the SAAF budget limitations.
For SAAF Applications, please visit the Student Organizations & Activities website for FAQs and questions:
- In efforts to support as many student activities as possible, there is a strict 2-week turnaround for receipt submission. Applicants who are offered awards and do not follow-up with proof of payment in a timely manner may will forfeit their award back to the SAAF balance. For any concerns with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If this is your first time applying, please be sure to complete the supplemental questions in additional to the basic profile questions.
- There is a $600/student cap for the academic year. If you have already received $600 in support for your activities in fall/winter, please do not submit a new application as this will slow the review process for others.
- Applicants will be reviewed on a first-come first-serve basis. Please check your email for notifications to accept offers and announcements for next steps.
- If you are need to amend your application due to changing expenses, you must (1) update your budget template and (2) email email@example.com since the system will not automatically notify the reviewer of an updated submission. The applications reset each academic term.
For any questions or concerns, please contact:
Assistant Director | Student Organizations & Activities